|Customer Service Rep Specialist
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||10/10/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
|Position Description Summary:
Responsible for providing and maintaining effective customer service and satisfaction; provide information to resolve customer shipment related issues; interact with management and warehouse personnel to establish service criteria and meet customer requirements.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Assist customers with requests and requirements pertaining to pick-up and deliveries, tracing shipments, POD information, rate quotes, and special handling
• Interact with management and warehouse personnel to establish service criteria and meet customer requirements
• Follow up with customers and other departments to resolve invoice problems and discrepancies
• Communicate with customers, coworkers, and other departments to facilitate the movement of freight and associated paperwork that require special handling
• Accurately input into and retrieve information from the system
• Audit air bills for completeness and accuracy. Research and maintain filings of air bills
• Reconcile driver pickup and delivery manifests
• Read, decode, and decipher freight coding in order to expedite freight movement and tracking process
• Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a specialist level position Proficient with Windows OS, Word, and MS Office Suite. Intermediate demonstrable proficiency with Excel (basic formulas and charts). Must be able to type 45 WPM. Good interpersonal skills required. High school diploma or equivalent required. Generally prefer 5 years of experience.
External Applicants - Please download the Application Form from our website at:
Internal Applicants - Interested individuals should forward their completed Internal Employment Transfer Application, found in the Human Resources section of the Schenker US Library, to the below contact person, and also inform their current Supervisor and/or Branch Manager of their interest in this position.
ALL Applicants should submit the appropriate application documents, as described above.
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents. When applying, please reference the Requisition Number indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled