West Branch, IA
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||10/11/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:||319-339-2524|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||Entry Level||Mailing Address:|
Please download the application and applicable documents from our website at:
Qualified candidates may submit their application and applicable documents to
No resumes will be accepted without an application.
When applying, please reference the "Requisition Number" indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for maintaining the facility and working environment in a safe, clean, and sanitized condition. May also have responsibilities that include material delivery service and minor facility repairs.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Floor maintenance in all areas including: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, stripping and waxing.
• General cleaning in office areas, including: floors, dusting, emptying trash receptacles, cleaning desks and other furniture surfaces.
• Cleaning and sanitation of restrooms, including; floors, fixtures, walls and other surfaces, emptying trash receptacles and maintaining supplies of toilet paper, paper towels and soap.
• Cleaning warehouse and dock areas, including: floors, dusting, cleaning overhead mirrors, picking up trash and debris, cleaning and dusting racking, cleaning around dock plates and seals.
• Exterior cleaning, including; emptying trash cans, picking up litter, cleaning smoking areas, emptying ash receptacles, sweeping walks, sweep and shovel snow on walkways and around doors.
• Cleaning break rooms areas, including; floors, tables and other surfaces, emptying trash receptacles.
• Completing and/or maintaining any required forms or reports on a regular basis.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Ability to read, understand, and communicate all safety and operational procedures.
• Complete any required training and successfully pass/attain certification training for: Powered Industrial Trucks and any corresponding company required SOP training for this position.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Flexibility in work hours and ability to work overtime and "off days" when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Assignment Complexity - Work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
Accountability – Apply job skills and applicable corporate policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks.
Impact of Decisions – Errors detectable upon supervisory review. Limited impact on corporate operations and fiscal health.
Working Relationships – Regularly interact with peers and management concerning matters of limited scope and discretion.
Scope – Work on problems of limited scope. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
• Perform some repetitive motion activities
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. of equipment or supplies.
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs on a regular basis.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time in performance of duties.
• Must be able to bend, squat, twist and stretch as necessary to perform work.
• High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience is required.
• Satisfactory attendance and performance by Schenker Logistics, Inc. standards
• Good organizational skills.
• No previous experience is required for an entry level position.
• Previous general cleaning, housekeeping, sanitation and/or light maintenance experience is desirable.
• Must have ability to function independently in multitask environment as well as part of a team.
• Must have the reasoning ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.