|Importer Security Filing Specialist - SR
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||10/23/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Experience:||Entry Level||Mailing Address:|
|Position Description Summary:
Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing import administration and control within government rules and regulations. Interface with internal and external customers, freight forwarders, and other functional areas to ensure timely, complete and accurate transmission of ISF's to US Customs & Border Protection (CBP) for ocean import shipments..
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of
• Create ISF's using data received from operating systems, templates and documentation/instructions from customers.
• Validate ISF data for accuracy using commercial documentation prior to transmission to CBP
• Monitor CBP response messages and take the required actions to resolve warning messages, rejections and/or no bill match responses.
• Manage and attend to all incoming communication, documents and similar as it relates to the ISF transaction.
• Communicate and resolve all issues impacting ISF compliance.
• Implement new ISF Customers in accordance with the customer implementation and set-up procedures in ISF policy.
• Utilize system reports and other information to identify improvements in processes at a customer or departmental level.
• Respond timely to internal and external requests for information and provide education on ISF as required
• Adhere to company ISF policies and all related documentation.
• Adhere to all related CBP regulations
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a senior level position. Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience. Good interpersonal skills required. Possess general PC Skills. with working knowledge of the MS Office Suite. Have knowledge of ocean freight forwarding terms and standards as well as U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule. Basic knowledge of accounting functions and principals.
External Applicants - Please download the Application Form from our website at:
Internal Applicants - Interested individuals should forward their completed Internal Employment Transfer Application, found in the Human Resources section of the Schenker US Library, to the below contact person, and also inform their current Supervisor and/or Branch Manager of their interest in this position.
ALL Applicants should submit the appropriate application documents, as described above, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents. When applying, please reference the Requisition Number indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled