|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||10/26/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
|DB Schenker combines all transport and logistics activities of Deutsche Bahn, employing over 91,000 staff spread across about 2,000 locations in about 130 countries. With turnover of over 19 billion Euros, DB Schenker is a leader in air and ocean transport, in European land transport on road and rail, in contract logistics, as well as in a global supply chain management.
Job Title: Dockhand Sr
Requisition#: 17SE056 FT
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for loading and unloading freight containers and pallets to maximize available space. Responsible for sorting freight shipments to appropriate containers and pallets or driver routes. Perform functions in accordance with safety standards.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Loads inbound and outbound freight to maximize the utilization of containers and pallets
• Unload inbound and outbound containers and pallets and sort according to size of freight and destination
• Read, decode, and decipher freight codings in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process
• Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight
• Perform clean-up activities in work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of dock
• Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Generally prefer 5-7 years of experience
• Must maintain a valid driver's license
• Must be able to read, decode, and decipher freight codings; consistently lift up to sixty pounds in standing, bending, and rotating motions; operate hand truck and fork lift; and in some cases perform tasks in inclement weather conditions.
External Applicants - Please download the Application Form from our website at:
Internal Applicants - Interested individuals should forward their completed Internal Employment Transfer Application, found in the Human Resources section of the Schenker US Library, to the below contact person, and also inform their current Supervisor and/or Branch Manager of their interest in this position.
ALL Applicants should submit the appropriate application documents, as described above, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents. When applying, please reference the "Requisition Number" indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled