|Sr - Mgr - IT Project - 17SLIC030
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||10/26/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
Please download the application and applicable documents from our website at:
Qualified candidates may submit their application and applicable documents to
No resumes will be accepted without an application.
When applying, please reference the "Requisition Number" indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for working directly with the business, IT Management, the IT PMO, Director of IT Solutions Development, IT Infrastructure team , Architecture and Design team, project vendors, project stakeholders in prioritizing requests, scheduling resources and leading projects related to the implementation/development of WMS and IT application solutions. Will work directly with the business leads on all phases of project lifecycle (idea development, planning execution, development, testing, and implementation. Duties include assisting in requirements gathering and documentation, developing detailed project plans, organization and schedule, project execution management, issue management & risk management.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Collaborate with the PMO, Business leaders and the IT Customer Engagement team to provide project definition
• Participate in requirements definition with business and/or IT team members
• Work directly with architecture/design team through Requirements Interlock milestone
• Responsible for kickoff meetings, daily standups & other regularly scheduled project meetings
• Responsible for project status reporting, continued risk management & issue management
• Overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects
• Ensure the project responsibilities are completed as required from a requirements, design, development, testing and implementation perspective
• Ensure that client needs are analyzed, documented, approved and delivered as required
• Ensure that infrastructure requirements are addressed/planned as part of project implementations
• Ensure Schenker Logistics, Inc. corporate ethics and company direction is used in making key decisions
• Understanding the WMS and IT applications, present or future, from a configuration, process and technical perspective.
• Continually conduct operational business improvement analysis, identifying opportunities to improve current warehouse related systems and/or processes.
• Work with both IT and business stakeholders to develop and implement WMS applications such as Infor - EXE, RedPrairie, SAP or other warehouse management systems to support business initiatives
• Partner with the client(s) to define their requirements, deliver results and ensure that industry's best practices are achieved
• Accountable for guiding the internal and external consulting teams and driving the solution requirements therein
• Ensure that WMS responsibilities are completed as required from a design, development and implementation perspective
• Accurate budget project management.
• Ensure that Company's code of conduct and ethics is used throughout the whole process.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
• Bachelor in Computer Science or related field required.
• PMP certification Tier 1 WMS experience and 2+ years' experience as a Project Manager are preferred
• Strong communication skills, presentation skills, and the ability to lead cross cultural teams required.
• Ideal candidate would possess 3-5 years working experience in a Supply Chain, Distribution and Logistics (forward and reverse) environment.
• Solid understanding of system, architecture and IT infrastructure related to warehouse management systems and processes and strong analytical skills are necessary.
• Project management experience including project planning, resource management, issue management, and risk management as well as proven success in managing IT projects is preferred.
Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.