Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Motor & Crane Services is the largest electric motor, controls and generator repair group in the Northeast, providing electric motor repairs, electric motor rewinds, custom controls and panels, systems integration, pump services, machine rebuilds, hydro services, safety-related services, energy efficiency solutions, and diagnostic services for commercial and industrial applications. Our team is positioned for further growth, and is dedicated to expanding its proven reputation as the leader in electric motor, controls and generator services.
The Sales Representative manages the relationship between Timken and his/her assigned group of customers or territories. Associate achieves sales and profit objectives through a consultative selling approach, and leveraging existing relationships to grow and expand sales and market penetration.
Sales Representative Job Duties
- Maintain and expand relationships with existing customers within sales territory.
- Research, source, and close new customers or service opportunities within sales territory.
- Meet required sales goals.
- Documents accounts.
- Provides training and support to new or existing customers.
- Works in conjunction with other Timken functional teams (Phila Gear, Smith Services, or internally with Timken Motor and Crane technicians).
- Provides superior customer service at all times.
- Maintains professional and ethical demeanor at all times.
- Must be willing to travel extensively; position will require minimum 50% travel.
- Sales territories in northern New England, with highest priority on increasing industrial/commercial services volume for AUGUSTA MAINE FACILITY.
Sales Representative Position Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- At least three (3) years general sales experience, which included customer service, and inbound/outbound customer sales and contacts.
- PLEASE NOTE: Additional professional/relevant experience beyond three (3) years MAY SUBSTITUTE for the degree requirement as appropriate.
- Requires knowledge or familiarity of electric motor industry, including product mix, service offerings, and external market/customers.
- Prefer prior experience working in or selling for a motor shop service or motor shop sales environment.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Must be able to create and/or generate sales potentials and leads.
- Must be able to successfully present, pitch, and close sales opportunities.
- Must be able to understand technical specifications or information (engineering specifications, mechanical specifications, etc.).
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability to drive/travel to customer locations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Timken is proud to maintain a drug-free work environment.