Your Career Begins at Standard Machine a division of Timken Power Systems!
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Standard Machine (Power Systems by Timken), and owner of Hamilton Gear is currently seeking a Principal Design Engineer to provide precision solutions to oil, gas and mining customers for open gearing, mining replacement parts and full power transmissions. Specializing in custom design and equipment manufacturing services to enhance our customer's business performance, we are looking for a Professional Mechanical Engineer with hands on technical expertise in power transmission design.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is accountable for the provision of advanced power transmission design and modelling that meets customer specifications.
- Application of sound engineering concepts to designed product
- Develops accurate product design and specification of components in a cost effective, timely manner which meets engineering standards as well as intended customer market and applications.
- Software utilization to prove design criteria meets intended application.
- Communicates design requirements clearly and concisely to minimize production errors.
- Develops specification of special tooling and/or processes that may be required for the accurate production of designed components and/or assemblies.
- Develops specification of testing requirements to verify design parameters.
- Develops efficient designs which are optimized to our production capacity and where possible, standard replacement parts (bearings, seals, filters, etc.).
- Develops effective engineering specifications and component selection which meet customer application requirements and expectations.
- Develops design and reverse engineering services which meet customer needs.
- Develops accurate failure analysis translating into improved design.
- Develops cost effective and efficient design of replacement parts with equal or where possible superior performance and durability.
- Maintains engineering databases.
- Provision of competent and knowledgeable engineering services that meets customer requirements and expectations
- Provides timely and accurate preliminary designs that meet customer application requirements and expectations for the purpose of generating quotations.
- Minimizes customer downtime through efficient and accurate on-site engineering analysis of customer applications.
- Displays solid understanding of drafting techniques and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) drafting standards
- Working knowledge of Standard Machine Quality system ISO9001
- Provides design and failure analysis in support of production.
- Resolves conflicts between design specifications and manufacturing capabilities.
- Provides timely and effective resolution of non-conformances when necessary.
- Provides knowledge base for translation of engineering principles to manufacturing practice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.