GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for overall on-site management of customer account. This includes daily operation functions, customer service, transportation mode selection, coordination with logistics leaders in applicable XPO lines of business (LOB's), and financial performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These are the most significant job duties performed; other responsibilities or assignments not specifically mentioned may also be assigned.
- Act as primary liaison between XPO line of business transportation and logistics leaders and the site customer, to coordinate all modes of transportation required in execution of contract.
- Serve as primary customer contact on all new initiatives and/or high-level critical issues.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and coordinate with XPO LOB leaders spec and implement.
- Investigate, determine root cause of all service failures, and implement correction actions whenever necessary.
- Develop and modify operational policies and procedures to meet customer service requirements on both new and existing processes.
- Utilize metrics and system tools to increase performance and efficiencies.
- Attend all required XPO and customer meetings to review performance, address issues and discuss new developments and suggest improvements.
- Coordinate the launch of new customer requests and processes, and assist in providing information for RFQ development.
- Identify system issues or improvements and initiate change request for implementation.
- This Job has no supervisory responsibilities but in special circumstances may lead and coordinate the work of others.
- Incumbents with more experience may be called upon to mentor, train, and guide newer/less experience team members.
- Minimum Required Education: High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum Required Experience: 3+ years' transportation & logistic experience required.
- Desirable Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree and 5 years transportation experience.
JOB RELATED COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Skills -
- Identifies and resolves problems.
- Identifies opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develops/recommends/implements solutions.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Develops insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results.
- Communication Skills -
- Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
- Utilizes variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes, or cultures.
- Demonstrates group presentation skills and excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
- Time Management Skills -
- Demonstrates follow-up skills.
- Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
- Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
- Basic Computer Skills -
- Strong Fluency user of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Accurately inputs information into and retrieves from the computer.
- Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to create complex formulas in MS Excel; create queries in company software applications.
- Other Technical / Computer Skills -
- Thorough knowledge of internal company software applications applicable to position/business unit
- Acts as subject matter expert and provides training, troubleshooting and other support for software applications managed by business unit (i.e. Customer's and XPO's TMS systems)
- Understands and is familiar with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS- The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office work space with moderate noise level.
- Customer site location
Hours of Work/Travel
- Local travel between LOB branches required occasionally.
- Travel between regions/corporate headquarters monthly.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Spends most of day on phone & computer.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Or al, Toyota and many others. We're the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.