|Supervisor - Warehouse III
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/06/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||5 - 10 years||Mailing Address:|
Job Title: SUPV, WAREHOUSE III
Location: Newark, NJ
Shift: 3rd shift
Prepared Date: November 6, 2017
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for scheduling, coordinating and measuring operations within a warehouse facility. Measure standard operating processes within facility. Work from customer business schedules, develop daily schedules and measure performance to schedules.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Establish and maintain warehouse operational infrastructure
• Develop and maintain ISO level operation guidelines and metrics
• Develop and monitor productivity standards
• Develop and maintain efficient, cost effective operations layout
• Establish and maintain daily operating schedules, and Coordinate daily cycle counts
• Develop and maintain an internal training center within operation
• Present facility operations to prospective customers
• Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
• Select and place staff, ensure staff receives training for job activities, and define specific job assignments. Manage performance to ensure required levels of productivity and achievement of organizational objectives
• The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position
(The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel): This is a supervisory position. Strong interpersonal and analytical skills required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred. Generally prefer 5-7 years of related supervisory experience. Proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
Internal Applicants - Interested individuals should forward their completed Internal Employment Transfer Application, found in the Human Resources section of the Schenker US Library, to the below contact person, and also inform their current Supervisor and/or Branch Manager of their interest in this position.
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents. When applying, please reference the Requisition Number indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled