The Finance Manager - Operations is responsible for managing the financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting processes and projects for his or her respective campus or campuses to provide financial decision support and to drive business results through the identification of growth and productivity opportunities. The Finance Manager - Operations is also responsible for ensuring operations financial operations comply with internal processes and policies and for leading and/or managing other analysts.
Job Duties :
- Partner with campus Operations team to lead development of increasingly efficient and impactful processes that support business financial needs such as improved linkages between operational drivers and the financials, KPIs, bridging results, forecasting and budgeting efficiency
- Ensure the accuracy of financial results for the campus(es); oversee Month End Review and the financial close process
- Manage relationships with customers and campus operations leadership to interpret financial data and provide consulting on necessary operational changes and enhancements
- Manage financial analysis process and develops appropriate key business metrics to measure growth, profitability, expense control and productivity
- Analyze monthly financial and productivity results to identify issues and opportunities for improvement; collaborates with Operations team to analyze and propose potential solutions to drive improved business results
- Lead the preparation of annual budgets and routine forecasts for the campus; prepares Executive and Board financial performance summaries, reports, and presentations for campus/client specific activities
- Use analytical approaches and modeling to develop innovative, high value-added financial information for the campus management team to make strategic and key financial decisions
- Manage team of dedicated Operations Financial Analysts
- Manage financial metrics and oversee Operations Finance Analysts in validating and monitoring KPIs for regional leadership
- Oversee and ensure compliance with corporate governance for the campus, including, but not limited to, distributing and training operations employees on corporate Finance and Accounting policies and audit support
- Oversee all DSO reporting activities for the campus
- Complete ad hoc assignments and other projects as needed
 The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting from a four year college of university; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related Finance experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems preferred
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint; highly proficient in Excel .
- Ability to read and interpret financial documents and procedure manuals
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to communicate complex data/analysis and financial concepts to non-financial personnel
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees of organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.