|Warehouse Production Coordinator
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/08/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
Position Description Summary:
This position will report into the Warehouse Supervisor and will be responsible for the methodical planning, coordinating and controlling of operational activities within the distribution warehouse. This single function critical role will control all truck movement and order assignments in the distribution warehouse in terms of trailer loading and unloading and drop lot activities to ensure conformance to established procedures. This position will utilize the WMS system and other reporting tools to determine labor flow and departmental needs to fully meet and increase daily production. In addition, this role will react effectively to the changing customer demands while meeting daily productivity requirements.
Principal Accountabilities: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations)
• Systematically operate within the WMS system to allocate and manage work flow by job function for the entire distribution warehouse to include but not limited to allocation of orders, releasing tasks for directed work, managing tasks within the work flow and resolving discrepancies.
• Create strategic operational plan by gathering information and communicating to senior leadership on a daily basis.
• Ensure the daily operational plan is timely and cost-effective to meet productivity demands while maintaining quality standards as defined in the distribution warehouse SOPs.
• Continuously manage and monitor the daily work flow queue and have a clear understanding of interleaving processes used to set priorities within the queue.
• Access door recommendations within the WMS system to assign inbound and outbound loads to appropriate staging lanes and/or door locations.
• Oversee the timely and accurate trailer movements for the site's drop lot.
• By means of super user access within the WMS system ensure work flow is allocated properly and timely.
• Create and manage an audit process to ensure appropriate progress is made daily to meet production needs.
• Comprehensive understanding of labor allocation to ensure decision making aligns with the required shipment schedule demands.
• Troubleshoot undirected work to ensure the proper corrections are made prior to releasing it to directed work status.
• Maintain a broad understanding of the WMS system(s) and provide support to the onsite user community.
• Serve as a liaison between IT and the site team on WMS system related barriers to include but not limited to un-assigning trailers, cuts, substitutions, shuttle moves, regenerating orders, out of service locations, etc.
• As defined by the site KPI's (Key Performance Indicators), responsible for the management of timely shipments and ensures late ship dates are met.
• Manages system compliance and ensures accurate records are maintained in accordance with the WMS SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).
• Responsible for providing a daily turnover report to the next scheduled shift to guarantee continuous movement of production.
• Regularly identify and recommend opportunities for improvement related to the warehouse management system processes.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel)
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Generally prefer 2-5 years of experience in related field. Must have solid analytical and problem solving skills. Proficient computer skills are required for this position. Ability to challenge the status quo and drive improvements. In depth knowledge and experience within a WMS (warehouse management system), preferably Red Prairie, is required. Must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to multitask on a daily basis. Ability to demonstrate problem solving and leadership skills.