Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Title: Purchasing Clerk
Description: This position provides focus on the Purchasing department that supports the Mascot Rail Plant as well as satellite plants. This position reports to Manager, Procurement and Logistics
Overall Purpose: Support purchasing activities for the Procurement and Logistics department and North America Rail Bearing plants.
- Assist the Purchasing department in supporting indirect and direct purchasing of materials for Mascot Rail plant and other satellite manufacturing plants. Purchasing materials including:
- Indirect-Main point of contact for production support supplies, gloves, lubricants, janitorial supplies, grinding wheels, etc.
- Direct-Back-up contact on direct purchasing to cover vacations/absences.
- Create weekly reports including PO past due, Future POs' and update PO dates for management review.
- Create and provide monthly vendor OTD Metrics - Track performance at Rail Plant level, prepare graphs, charts and supporting data.
- Responsible for inventory count of indirect supplies including chemicals, cardboard, pallets, grind wheels and diamond dressing tools, etc.
- Responsible for MRO purchasing, supporting Maintenance and Engineering department of purchases of new equipment builds.
- Coordinate the shipment of supply trucks to Rail satellite plants and support internal purchase order movements.
- Coordinate the tracking of materials to be remanufactured and provide detailed analysis to ensure coverage for rail plants.
- Support facilities maintenance function primarily vendor contract services.
- Assist in the setting up, training and support of SAP Supplier Relationship Management purchasing.
- Assists the Procurement and Logistics Manager and purchasing team member with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical Demands & Frequency:
- Standard office work, keyboard, typing.
- Position: standing, walking, squatting, sitting.
- Vision must be normal (20/20). Correctional lenses are acceptable.
- Weights & Force: Lifting up to 35 pounds.
General Educational Development: High school diploma or GED required. Previous MRO purchasing experience, previous SAP experience preferred, previous experience working a manufacturing environment. Detailed oriented and proficient in computer usage (Microsoft office)
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.