Receives, stores, and distributes merchandise and cylinders within establishment and onto distribution trucks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Fills all gas cylinders, high and low pressure, and liquid containers in accordance with safety procedures, quality assurance manual and FDA requirements. This involves operating pumps and compressors.Involves movement of cylinders as required in the plant. May be required to load and unload trucks.Completes all documentation and forms in compliance with company policy and FDA requirements during the fill process. Accurately and legibly ensures products are labeled properly, with current decals and lot numbers. Forms include: Daily production report, FDA log sheet, Label Verification form, Calibration form and Bulk log sheet.Assembles customer orders from stock and places cylinders or equipment on trucks when customers arrive at location.Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine what cylinders or equipment need to be moved, gathered, or distributed.Conveys cylinders or equipment from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.Tests all gases and documents results on compression log report accurately and legibly.Maintains a clean and orderly workplace through proper housekeeping procedures.Helps maintain an adequate stock of correct cylinders on dock.May be required to maintain cylinders and repair filling equipment, such as pigtails, fill hoses, valves and safeties.Sets tone for employees by good example through observation of the company's loss prevention policies and procedures.Reports accidents including near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and obeys safety rules.Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum one year experience in the gas/welding industry as a warehouse worker or a driver preferred.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook E-mail), and Timms.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Forklift Certification
- Hazardous materials training and certification
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (e.g. small welders and cylinders) and occasionally push cart and/or move up to 100 pounds (e.g. larger equipment or cylinders).
- General knowledge of welding gas cylinders and equipment.
- Able to work flexible hours (within 2-3 hours of starting and quitting times).