North Canton, OH
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/10/17||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Your Career Begins at Timken
This position is directly accountable for creating a competitive advantage through the development and management of a supply base that provides: quality products/services that meet/exceed specifications, world class service (on-time delivery, shortest possible lead-times, responsiveness), innovation and the lowest total cost.
1. Ensure reliable, effective and efficient supply chains.
2. Manage commercial agreements that address all business needs (capacity, quality, delivery, lead-time, cost, etc.).
3. Develop and manage day to day relationships with suppliers.
4. Monitor and manage supplier performance including reduction of total cost of ownership
5. Drive continuous improvement in the areas of cost, quality, service and innovation. Work with other functional areas (e.g. Engineering, Process Development, Manufacturing, etc.) to develop and implement tactics that support the achievement of this objective. Define the requirements for supplier development.
6. Support business with general supplier issues
7. Serve as strategic sourcing cross functional team member.
8. Become Lean connectivity champion by developing eyes for eliminating waste to deliver TCO savings.
9. Maintain day to day external supplier and internal customer management.
Associates Degree with minimum 1-3 year's experience or Bachelor's degree with significant internship experience
Bachelor's Degree with 3 year's experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.