Position: Logistics Manager
Location: Doral, FL (MIA)
Reporting to: Branch Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Logistics Manager is responsible for the daily management and continuous development of all warehousing and distribution operations that belong to the branch location. These operations may be in multiple locations in the greater Miami/Doral, FL area and include both the cross dock operations supporting international and domestic freight as well as inventory management and order fulfillment (3PL/4PL).
This individual will report directly to the Branch Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for 3PL & 4PL handling and physical movement of freight as required (including CFS, bonded, security and other special areas).
- Responsible for customer service and operational account management to warehousing and distribution clients.
- Responsible for effective deployment and utilization of Warehousing-, Transport- and Global Freight-Management Systems (WMS, TMS & Control).
- Responsible for operational reporting to both internal and external clients.
- Actively manages and monitors quality, productivity and profitability in general and on a per client basis with the aim to continuously improve.
- Actively collaborates with sales colleagues and organization to win & implement new business.
- Actively collaborates with product management to ensure product integrity and compliance.
- Defines, communicates and maintains SOPs
- Initiates and manages claims procedure per company guidelines.
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of Warehouse Associates ensuring operational excellence and accuracy
- Exercises the authority to hire, discipline, reward or discharge employees
- Responsible for yearly performance appraisals for staff
- Responsible for the security of the warehouse operations
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment
- Responsible for training and developing employees
- Responsible for asset utilization
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- 10 years of warehouse experience required
- 5 years of relevant management experience highly preferred
- Experience with a comprehensive modern WMS and WMS driven processes highly preferred.
- Experience with new process and project implementation highly preferred.
- Domestic and international freight experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Operational knowledge of DOT, HAZMAT, TSA security, customs regulations, OSHA, Forklift certification and training, shipping and receiving, distribution, documentation, and compliance highly preferred.
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
- Results and bottom line focus
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to manage employees
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate in global environment
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is often required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.