Fort Worth (Haslet-Alliance Area), TX
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/22/17||Company:||DB Schenker|
|Compensation:||$66 - 111K /yr||Contact:|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||5 - 10 years||Mailing Address:||1006 Railhead Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76177
DB Schenker combines all transport and logistics activities of Deutsche Bahn, employing over 91,000 staff spread across about 2,000 locations in about 130 countries. With turnover of over 19 billion Euros, DB Schenker is a leader in air and ocean transport, in European land transport on road and rail, in contract logistics, as well as in a global supply chain management.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Job ID: 2350
Posting Date: 11/20/2017
Reports to: Regional Finance Manager, Contract Logistics
Customer: Account in Fort Worth, Texas and Ontario, California (Approx. 25% Travel)
Position Description Summary:
Overall responsibilities for the finance function for the assigned location(s), which may include satellite warehouse(s) with multiple divisions and customers. Provide professional, accurate, relevant, and timely analysis and reporting to support Operations and Regional Management in setting and meeting company objectives. Ensure, and lead improvement of, proper controls and process flows related to budgeting, contract compliance, payroll, purchasing, payables, invoicing, and month end close and reporting processes.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Complete the month end closing for assigned location(s). Identify appropriate accruals and create journal entries with supporting back up. Prepare and present financial results and gap analysis to Operations and Regional Management, as well as Corporate personnel.
• Serve as resident finance expert and leader in interactions with customer(s) in regards to pricing and invoicing, along with supporting data. Prepare and submit periodic invoices and rebates in conjunction with appropriate fiscal calendars.
• Create, present, and submit budgets, periodic projections, and weekly flash reporting as needed.
• Provide periodic and ad hoc financial reporting combining data from ERP systems, worksheets and manual collection sources. Create, interpret, and communicate periodic labor productivity reporting and metrics.
• Manage proper set up, maintenance, data, and reporting in eTime Time & Attendance system and time clocks. Assist operations management by providing efficient tools, reports, and processes for their use.
• Partner with temporary staffing agency to ensure coordinated communication and processing of contractor hours, pay/bill rates, and invoice processing. Resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Review, code, and transmit A/P invoices for payment processing. Work with appropriate parties to ensure accurate, timely receipts and resolve issues.
• Coordinate fixed asset tracking and periodic inventories to ensure accuracy. Identify and implement improvements to control processes. Assist with inventory reporting and analysis as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Assignment Complexity - Work on problems and issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develop and administer budgets, schedules, and performance requirements.
Accountability – Manage through subordinate supervisors or professionals the coordination of the activities for functional area with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees. Matrix reporting includes Regional and VP level.
Impact of Decisions – Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve goals results in additional costs and personnel, and serious delays in overall schedules.
Working Relationships – Frequently interact and develop productive relationships with subordinates, customers, and/or functional peer managers. Will interact with senior management. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers.
Scope – Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Provide guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which effect subordinate organization(s). Ad-hoc reporting and analysis with potential of new business scope of work.
Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
• 4 year Accounting/Finance Certificate/Degree required.
• CPA, CMA, and/or MBA preferred.
• 5-10 years' experience in Accounting/Finance required.
• Manufacturing and/or distribution industry preferred.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required. Proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint desired.
• ERP software experience (SAP) helpful.
• Good understanding of Company P&L, Balance Sheet, Lease vs. Buy, Accruals, and other analysis and reporting.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Thank you for your interest in employment at DB Schenker, an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.