Position: Senior Collector
Reporting to: Collections Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
The Senior Collector will be responsible for maintaining assigned accounts. This includes contacting customers regarding past due invoices. The position requires communication between collectors, branches, and management. The position also assists with research, data entry, gathering, forwarding and receiving documentation to and from corresponding offices and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining an aging assignment according to established targets
- Performing detailed account reconciliation and related research
- Entering detailed notes in the systems
- Timely follow up is necessary
- Requesting and forwarding documentation to assist in collecting past dues
- Ability to identify problems such as cash flow issues, billing and rating issues
- Notifying management of any name and address changes
- Preparing all paperwork for internal and out sourcing purposes
- Assisting with special accounting projects and/or other duties, as assigned
- Keeping track of all necessary paperwork
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum four years of experience handling collections and account reconciliations in a corporate environment.
- Freight forwarding experience is a must. This individual must pose the ability to recognize documents related to the movements of freight and customs charges.
- Experience in auditing and understanding tariff rules and regulations is a plus.
- Understanding and adhere to department procedures & company ethic codes
- Ability to multi-task, pays close attention to detail
- Adaptable to change
- Advance experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and basic internet use
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Ability to work with difficult people
- Self managing and pro-active
- Detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires advanced professional writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment and document the details of your conversation within our required systems.
Advanced Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:45PM, however, overtime may be required at times.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.