The Account Representative - Air Export is responsible for coordinating and executing shipments to ensure adequate service levels of clients are met. This position supports the company's day to day functions and is the direct liason for assigned shipments.
- Serves as the customer service liaison between OHL and the customer
- Processes all documents and information requests received from OHL
- Opens files, enters notes, information and document requests in Cargowise system
- Sends information/document requests to company's employees,suppliers, service providers or overseas production offices as needed.
- Communicates with specified offices, departments, and teams on all issues affecting air export
- Files document requests, correspondence and documents in a file folder identified by the applicable shipping number
- Ensures compliance with regard to TSA and/or government regulations such as AES (Automated Export System)
- Coordinates shipping details with overseas agent
- Convert and verify shipment weight and volume
- Calculate rates and price conversions; profit and loss analysis
- Maintain communication with customers, carriers and vendors
- Coordinate pick-ups and invoice files
- Assist customers with question complaints, requests, tracking and tracing
- Process , arrange and coordinate cargo bookings with customer and overseas agents
- Handles accounting processes accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordination of transportation of shipments from customers door to airport of destination
- Arrange bookings with airlines, review documentation, issue documents to meet government regulations and carrier regulations.
- Enter shipments in Cargowise ie; hawb, manifest, mawb's, certificate of origins, letters of credit.
- Coordinate with warehouse operations planning loads to capacity and to meet airline cut offs. • Instruct warehouse staff to properly build and deliver against pick lists manifest to gain profitability Communication with customer and overseas agents or offices
- Will provide pre alerts to customers and agents or OHL offices,
- Must have knowledge of buying/selling rates to ensure profitability
- Ensure email and telephone calls are promptly and politely answered
- Other duties as required and assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Mimimum 3 years experience i n exportation of goods or an equivalent combination of both education and experience .
- Knowledge of TSA and Government Agency requirements
- Knowledge of the movement of freight via air and/or truck
- Knowledge of Hazmat shipping requirements
- PC literate with ex perience with Microsoft Outlook,Work, Access and Excel
- DG (Dangerous Goods) certification preferred
- Ability to successfully pass a TSA Security Threat Assessment (STA) background screening
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to multi task
- Mathematical skills essential to ensure accuracy in pricing