The Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting mechanical and electrical equipment, performing repairs, and scheduling maintenance work based on customer needs and requirements.
Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Analyzes and diagnoses customer equipment problems and breakdowns
- Recommends the correct service and repair actions to resolve equipment performance problems
- Makes appropriate equipment repairs or modifications to solve operating and performance problems as dictated by the analysis of the customer's equipment
- Performs scheduled equipment maintenance per customer contract
- Follows all scheduled maintenance procedures and policies as dictated by the company
- Documents each service call, providing necessary paperwork
- Observes all safety procedures, makes certain that hazardous waste is properly disposed
- Maintains the company service vehicle in a clean, orderly and hazard-free manner to include performing regular maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
- Secures and maintains service and parts inventory in the company service vehicle
- Provides well-maintained personal tools required to effectively perform equipment service duties
- Keeps the work area clean and hazard-free
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training with mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment
- Technical or mechanical training/certifications preferred
- Possesses a valid driver's license
- Above average communication skills
- Ability to understand the necessary service and training manuals, including the ability to interpret schematics and effectively use electrical diagnostic instruments
- Can safely operate power tools, lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks and overhead cranes
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. T he employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.