The Continuous Improvement Engineer II is responsible for implementing changes to improve operations and establishing additional capabilities: pricing, profitability, facility design, material handling equipment specification, labor management, staff planning, project management and lead of continuous improvement initiatives.
Job Duties :
- Works with enterprise business units at the operational and corporate level to drive process improvements, identifying compliance to customer service standards and strategies for consistent, repeatable, and flawless execution
- Leads the design of cutting edge approaches and solutions utilizing broad knowledge, best practices and benchmarking.
- Assists in sales process by visiting potential or existing customers to develop scope of work, operational planning and opportunity assessment
- Evaluates, designs and implements new layouts: including storage rack, conveyor, automation, and other material handling solutions for facilities
Implements Continuous Improvement initiatives to help ensure the continuation of streamlined processes them to create a sustainably lean organization
- Integrates subject matter knowledge with industry experience, relevant related disciplines, program/process design principles, and business goals and strategy
Leads teams or individuals on project work, to help clients and operators achieve sustainable results
- Leads multiple Industrial Engineering projects with minimal oversight
- Manages projects and program execution of low to moderate complexity
- Understands the organization, client goals, and the reasons behind special practices; articulates linkage between business goals and process behind organization practices.
Analyzes ambiguous problems utilizing demonstrated proficiency of lean tools such as VSM, Standard work, Six Sigma, 5S and other lean tools. Breaks down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner
- Proficient in statistical analysis processes and understands how and when to apply them based on the situation and specific needs.
- Leads Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, and other Lean events
- Owns the facility kaizen and productivity projects; ensuring projects are done according to budget and timelines
- Influences others to implement new solutions
- Demonstrates application experience of Six Sigma methodology
Willingness to travel regionally up to 60%
- Other duties as required and assigned
 The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Industrial Engineering from a 4 year college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3PL warehousing, distribution center or fulfillment experience preferred
- Experience with Auto CAD
- PC proficiency with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively communicate process and technical concepts to a variety of audiences from entry level warehouse employee to executive level
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear and communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee is frequently required to work in both an office setting and a warehouse. The employee may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
 The following statements are representative of the work environment and physical demands required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.