The Account Representative -Ocean Export is responsible for coordinating and executing shipments to ensure adequate service levels of clients are met. This position supports the company's day to day functions and is the direct liason for assigned shipments.
- Receives and edits export orders
- Prepares all necessary documents such as commercial invoices, export declarations, certificate of origin, letters of credit
- Prepares international export documents timely and accurately according to custom's and customer's requirements.
- Arranges shipments through shipper's contracted carriers
- Reviews pertinent domestic and foreign trade regulations
- Communicates with vendors, government agencies, customer
- Coordinates with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction is met
- Maintains SOP manual of international export requirements for each customer and updates as necessary
- Maintains organized files monthly by customer for all international shipments
- Provides clerical support including: sorting of faxes and documents and distribution of those documents to team members
- Other duties as required and assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma equivalency
- Mimimum 3 years experience in exportation of goods or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Knowledge of Letters of Credit preferred
- Knowledge of the movement of freight via ocean
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Work, Access and Excel