Read the job description below carefully.
Scroll down to apply online!
Logistics Sales Account Executive
Our client is a third-party logistics (3PL) company with an expanding non-asset-based transportation services business. The company offers a full-range of services, including Full-Truckload, LTL, Intermodal and Forwarding, as well as asset-based warehousing. It seeks to hire a Logistics Sales Account Executive with prior experience and demonstrated success with direct outside sales, including prospecting, CRM, call-cycle development, consultative sales, proposal development and pricing, and contract negotiation. This role is NOT responsible for customer service or operations.
Eligible candidates should possess a solid understanding of current market conditions in Canada, high awareness of shipper targets, strong organizational skills, and a positive and engaging personality. The Account Executive should be familiar with key traffic lanes, current rates, transportation management systems (TMS) and Microsoft Office. The company will not accept candidates that are bound by noncompete agreements from former employers or agencies. Our client offers a competitive base salary, commission structure, healthcare insurance, car allowance and phone and mileage reimbursement.
- Identify and develop leads through direct sales and networking.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to identify the shipper's logistics needs.
- Meet with customers at their place of business.
- Describe 3PL capabilities and develop logistics solutions and service proposals.
- Establish a call-cycle, track progress and report on progress through a pipeline report.
- Present and negotiate service proposals and close on new work, including involvement of Operations.
- Monitor progress on implementation and service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Report progress and any issues to leadership on a regular basis.
- Monitor service delivery, revenue and margin performance, and growth trends.
- Support Operations to provide billing instructions, as needed.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and profitability.
- At least 7 years of 3PL sales experience in non-asset-based transportation services.
- Demonstrated success in all aspects of the 3PL sales cycle and sales results.
- Ability to self-manage and continuously contact shippers to provide quotations and service.
- Knowledge of freight brokerage, transportation modes, competitive rates and service requirements.
- An understanding of current market conditions and rates for truckload, LTL, IM and Forwarding.
- Knowledge of major traffic lanes and competitive carrier rates.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize, meet deadlines and excel in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Solid negotiation skills and the ability to work with a focus on deadlines and business goals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Strong communications skills with a positive and engaging personality.
- Ability to travel at least 50% with a valid driver's license.
- College degree preferred, but not required, especially in Supply Chain Management or Business Management.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Apply Online Below