Read the job description below carefully.
Scroll down to apply online!
Import Client Service Representative
Omnitrans is seeking an Import Client Service Representative to support our Pacific team. The ideal candidate will the official point of contact for specific assigned clients and will coordinate all activities related to Customs clearance of shipments entering Canada. This is an exciting opportunity to work with our small yet dynamic West-coast team!
- Ensure that all documents required to release goods have been received (Commercial invoice, Canada Customs Invoice, Exports licenses, Bills of lading, etc.)
- Review the content of these documents to ensure completeness of shipment (ie. confirm piece count, weight, etc.), perform initial compliance review;
- Coordinate all aspects of required document flow (ie. OBL surrender, etc.)
- Contact clients to obtain missing information;
- Establish the priority on shipments to be processed;
- Communicate with warehouses and freight forwarding companies to inquire about shipments status and to resolve related problems;
- Communicate with the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) to resolve any release issues or inquire for status of entry;
- Communicate with internal departments (accounting, technical, logistics, etc) to coordinate shipment or client-specific needs;
- Manage client requests and ensure all service needs are met;
- Identify and review repetitive documentation and compliance issues with Office Manager, Technical and Consulting Department, and coordinate action plan for improvement with Importer;
- Assist Client Rep with client/process issues and questions daily;
- Assist Operations Manager to oversee workflow within the team, signaling when additional management intervention is required;
- Assist clients with difficult or complex import issues;
- Propose suggestions to Operations Manager to improve communication and workflow at all levels of the operation and with importers;
- Validate and ensure completeness of client release and Mode of Transport specific profile instructions;
- Perform other general clerical duties
- 3 years of customs brokerage customer service experience;
- Knowledge of CBSA compliance regulations, import documentation requirements, and transportation;
- Holding a Customs brokerage license would be an asset.
Did you know that Omnitrans prides itself on consistent delivery of service excellence through an unparalleled focus on clients, expertise & innovation?