JRG Trucking under Scrap Metal Services is looking for a DOT Coordinator in East Chicago, IN.
Scrap Metal Services, L.L.C., a growing and dynamic scrap metal recycling and processing company. SMS operates full-service scrap processing, steel mill services and intermodal/railcar decommissioning and dismantling facilities in multiple states.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of the rules and regulations of DOT, as well as company and industry-wide regulations and standards.
- Assist is conducting safety audits and special projects as needed
- Develop and ensure standardized fleet usage and metrics/reports of onboard data collection devices/tools
- Monitor Company's Safety Management System and ensure discrepancies are corrected
- Backup Dispatcher
- IFTA and DOT regulations
- Other general duties when assigned
Skills, Abilities and Experience Required:
- Dispatch and routing experience necessary
- Minimum of 2 years previous DOT compliance experience required
- Transportation/Fleet Service experience, which includes customer processing, route delivery procedures and basic security and operational procedures.
- Able to move in a fast-paced/high pressure environment
- Able to be prompt and reliable when scheduled Strong communication and time management skills
- Strong leadership, problems solving, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the trucking industry
- At least a High School Diploma is required
- Must be able to learn and comprehend company specific programs and related software
- Proficient in technology (Knowledge of MS office, TMS/TMW etc.)
- Able to work with limited supervision and multi task
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Online Below Today!