|DC General Maint Mechanic
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||12/06/18||Company:||Tractor Supply Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) , the largest retail chain of rural lifestyle products in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our team members' commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,700 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with revenues of $7 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live "Life out Here"!
Responsible for performing periodic maintenance, repair, replacement and limited troubleshooting on various facility-related equipment and/or systems, including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire safety; in accordance to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
1. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of various facility-related equipment and/or systems, which involves but is not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire safety. This includes monitoring and trending, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance.
2. Conduct preventive maintenance (PM's) within manufacturer's guidelines/specifications and established timelines.
3. Observe and/or test the adjustments, repairs or modifications to ensure safe operation.
4. Responsible for logging time and materials, maintaining work orders, PMs and inventory tracking into computerized maintenance management system/software.
5. Interpret and understand plans and specifications, schematics, operating and maintenance manuals. Perform required tasks in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, and safety procedures.
6. Repair dock doors and perform rack installations as needed.
7. Assist battery maintenance in battery charger repairs, battery changes for material handling equipment (MHE), repair of plugs and tips of batteries and chargers, watering and washing batteries, acid spill cleanup, etc.
8. Assist forklift maintenance in repairs and preventive maintenance, to ensure MHE is performing during peak periods.
9. Assist conveyor maintenance in repairs and preventive maintenance, to ensure productivity is not compromised during peak periods.
10. Maintain spare parts inventory, order replacements, and prepare routine updates to maintenance records and reports.
11. Perform other general maintenance tasks as assigned.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of distribution or manufacturing maintenance experience, with mechanical and industrial skills experience in HVAC, electrical, fire safety and plumbing.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Technical/Trade School certificate, preferably in facility maintenance or related areas; any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Professional Certifications: Certification in computer-based maintenance equipment.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities: Proficient in electro mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, welding and interpreting blueprints.
Working Conditions: Ability to work in a physical environment that is subject to temperature extremes, movement of mobile and fixed equipment, and other conditions associated with a warehouse operation.