Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Polish Deburr 1-2
Dept Grind/Retainers/Secondary Labor Grade 7-6
Purpose & Scope:
Follow setup cards to perform various repetitive simple machine setups, bench operations or speed lathe operations to polish and remove burrs from a variety of bearing parts and components following established procedures
- Use special picks, dental drills, or other tools to remove burrs from critical areas. Such work normally done using optical assistance such as microscope and magnifying glass.
- Make periodic inspection of parts under microscope, using gauges and by feeling surfaces.
- Operate Extrude Hone machine to deburr retainers, oil holes, etc. Sharpen deburring tool as required on grinding wheel.
- Perform other related duties such as Hone and Tumble operations as required or directed.
- Assist with training employees as required.
- Inspect own work; correct or report detected discrepancies to supervisor.
- Record appropriate data on designated forms as required.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient and productive
- Strong ability to follow written and prescribed work instructions/procedures and tasks
- Situational/Spatial awareness along with strict adherence to PPE/safety protocols is required
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
Polish Deburr 1
Polish Deburr 2
Section A & B
(Based on Requirements from the TEF 1-42, Polish Operator Job Skill Summary Sheet)
| || || |
Setup and operate speed lathes
Setup and operate extrude hone (retainers)
Certified on all area specific gaging related to the speed lathe
Perform bench deburr operations
Certified on all gaging related to deburr
General Physical Requirements:
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates Powered Equipment
Specific Physical Requirements:
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.