|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||12/11/18||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Under the direction of the Q.C. Manager and Lab Supervisor, the lab coordinator performs advanced as well as routine analytical testing to support Toledo Flour Mill Quality Control and Assurance programs. Applies and develops advanced analytical techniques, instrumentation calibration and maintenance programs to achieve department and plant goals involving, quality, production and safety. Develops and facilitates a lab Quality Assurance program, including instrumentation maintenance schedules, calibration and documentation of each component.
This position is Full Time and flexibility is a must. Applicants should be available to work any shift, overtime and weekends as needed.
Essential Job Functions
• Create and send COAs to customers.
• Manage off-shift lab operations with 2+ lab technician
• Maintain customer emails and update customer information as needed.
• Support Lab Manager in the management of flour and grain testing requirements for the site.
• Support Lab Manager in the management of 3rd party requests, and outside samples for testing.
• Maintaining and auditing all documentation regarding testing, food safety, and quality records.
• Manage lab work flow and assign duties to lab technicians as needed.
• Conduct lab trainings.
• Manage MSAs for lab equipment and procedures.
• Manage and support quality and food safety programs, including plant-wide quality trainings, customer complaint investigations, corrective actions and investigations.
• Provides leadership during off-shift, ensuring communication with other departments, addressing quality-related issues that come up
• Conducting root cause analyses as needed, investigating and documenting findings to communicate with management.
• Backfill lab technicians in advanced chemical and analytical procedures relative to flour and wheat quality control for Mondelēz, according to documented and approved analytical procedures. Demonstrate the ability to apply scientific method to analytical projects, as well as computerized and statistical data evaluation. Compiles written analytical reports, graphs and demonstrates excellent verbal communications, which facilitate technical information transfer.
• Assists in developing new analytical procedures, enhances and troubleshoots existing procedures, and compiles documentation for both, as needed by Mondelēz Toledo mill QC laboratory. Perform MSAs as required for testing procedures and when assessing new procedures for implementation.
• Assists in development and implementation of a laboratory quality assurance program, including instrumentation maintenance and calibration and all documentation required of a sound program, as recognized by organizations such as the AOAC.
• Is available to serve as leader of analytical technical teams as assigned, working to achieve goals and objectives established by each team. Performance evaluation in this category will be based on team's peer evaluation, and completion of established goals. Perform MSAs as required.
• Supports QC department in computer software implementation and use. Assists all QC lab employees in various PC software and hardware projects.
• Participates in laboratory and plant safety programs, following company policies regarding safety and environmental issues.
• Available to work any shift as needed, including weekends as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree (Science related field preferred) or equivalent lab experience
• 2-3 years' experience as a lab technician
• Knowledge of Quality Systems, Procedures, and Policies
• Experience in the use of statistical concepts in the control of manufacturing operations
• Ability to analyze data, proven record demonstrating ability to effectively problem solve
• Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
• Excellent Computer (MS Office) and Communication Skills (Oral and Written)
• Knowledge of HACCP and food safety systems
• At least 1 year in a food production environment
• Bachelor's degree in a science field
• Three or more years with previous laboratory with microbiology and chemistry experience required
• 3 years in a food production environment
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.