Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
- Provide the necessary engineering required for the operation of the plant, including existing, new or modified installations.
- Plan and schedule equipment repair by coordinating for parts, labor, and machine downtime with production staff.
- Supervise the Maintenance Tooling Section to include Mold Cut and Mold Clean personnel, processes, and new tooling procurement.
- Work with Timken R&D equipment group to develop new equipment and processes.
- Initiate improvements for all plant operations and facilities through engineering technology, best practices, and Kaizen events.
- Support the Maintenance department to ensure the plant's equipment and services are reliable and available to meet production schedules.
- Provide the necessary electrical engineering required for the documentation and development of control systems used in manufacturing and test equipment which may include PLC's, HMI's, SCADA and motor (AC, Servo) controls.
- Develop PLC and HMI programs, as well as troubleshoot and modify existing programs.
- Effectively manage projects which includes, establishing detailed and defined scopes, detailed cost estimates, timelines with milestones, deliverables and provide guidance and expertise to keep projects on track and within budget.
- Keep informed on new technology and equipment which may have potential use for new projects and improvement of existing facilities (both process and environmental.)
- Provide training and development to production employees to insure proper operation of installations which will promote safe working conditions, increased efficiency and quality products.
- Train maintenance staff on equipment troubleshooting and control system repairs.
- Software: Solidworks Electrical, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
- Experience with Allen Bradley SLC500/ControlLogix/CompactLogixPLC's, Panelview HMI's, RSView and
Variable Speed drives a plus
- Organizational skills to work on and prioritize multiple projects
- Must have electrical engineering background and knowledge of PLC programming
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor Science Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years knowlege/experience in PLC programming, motion control preferred
- Thorough & demonstrated understanding of production type & plant service equipment spec. boilers, chillers, & compressors
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.