Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position provides technical direction, analysis, assistance and project management to support manufacturing concepts and processes throughout our global footprint. Technical expertise at a corporate level is necessary to support new plant/product/process start-ups around the world and continuous improvement activities at existing manufacturing facilities. This position is specifically responsible for the assembly and automation processes used in bearing manufacturing. The Ideal candidate will be someone who has the capability and career desire to grow and develop into a process specialist/leader in this area.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT - Develop and demonstrate knowledge in automated assembly, robotic handling, vision-based detection/measurement and process control. Provide design guidance and technical specification for system integration. Make technical recommendations for manufacturing solutions throughout the global business. Maintain strong technical relationships with peers and vendors.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - Develop and implement investment proposals to support Timken's business initiatives. This includes business case development, submission of Appropriation Requests (AR's), forecasting expenditure, cost tracking and timely completion of projects within the approved budget.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Utilize project management tools for key departmental projects including project and resource planning, and implement corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion.
- SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT - Specify and select technology for new processes or equipment upgrades, guide system development/installation and deliver total process documentation to the plants.
- MANUFACTURING CI - Support continuous improvement projects throughout the global business related to manufacturing processes to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety, etc. Analyze / benchmark alternatives and conduct cost comparisons. Work with manufacturing plant identify opportunities and provide recommendations.
TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION - Develop deployment plans for newly developed processes in conjunction with Advance Process Technology teams and Manufacturing as needed.
- TRAVEL - International and domestic travel is required and averages 25% of the time throughout the year.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
Demonstrated project management skills
Hands-on troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Professional and effective communication skills
Ability to develop and present recommendations for technical applications
Strength in working with cross-functional teams
Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (or other related) with at least 4 years of relevant experience in system integration and manufacturing engineering or automation engineering; or
Master's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (or other related) with at least 1 year of relevant experience in system integration and manufacturing engineering or automation engineering.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.