Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible to manage growth projects for the business unit involving multiple product/business launches. This role will build the plan and indirectly manage the cross-functional team to complete the defined deliverables according to the project charter and timeline and in alignment with the organic growth process.
- Plan, lead and manage critical organic growth projects, according to the Concept to Commercialization (C2C) process model, to launch profitable new products on-time and within budget while managing risk and meeting the project technical/financial requirements.
- The position is primarily responsible for managing programs through stages 4-6, but will support product managers as required in earlier stages.
- Coach and support the cross-functional project team to complete the planned deliverables, ensure that the appropriate rigor is applied to the team output, and drive alignment of activities through the organic growth process.
- Conduct gate review meetings, work with the project team to identify key risks, and develop mitigation plans.
- Communicate regularly to the key project stakeholders regarding the status of the project and key issues/risks.
- Identify gaps in execution and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Remain engaged within a community of practice among program managers in other business units.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated effective project management skills
- Robust communication network throughout the organization
- Understanding of relevant business processes, especially the C2C process model
- New product and business development experience
- Ability to manage high-performing, global matrixed/cross-functional teams to meet objectives
- Timken Quality Management System experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or business with at least 10 years of related experiences in new product and/or new business development
- The ideal candidate will have a proven career of high performance through both technical product and business development experiences.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.