|Operations Quality Supervisor
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||12/14/18||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Mondelēz International - Toledo is a manufacturer of flour for various Mondelēz products. Flour is shipped to customers throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, with a dotted line to the Quality Manager, this position provides leadership on the production floor and technical assistance by managing plant quality systems, promoting quality awareness, lab analysis, and performing fact-based assessments / audits of manufacturing operations.
Manage salaried technicians, 7-12 hourly union employees, integrity of quality system data, conformance to product specifications. Ensures all records, procedures, processes, and equipment on the production floor are in compliance with Federal, State, and Regulatory requirements. Lead development of new or improved quality systems by training and driving corporate and local initiatives throughout the facility. Provide statistical analysis on data, existing test methods, and new test methods. Ability to provide continuous improvement to lab, quality and manufacturing procedures. Manage computer based quality data management.
This position is responsible for leading and managing the Milling Department on the shift. The primary responsibility is to assure milling operations operate to meet or exceed the department/plant metrics for safety, quality, production, cost, delivery, sustainability, morale and more. The Operations Quality Supervisor is expected to effectively communicate & collaborate with all salaried and hourly associates. The Operations Quality Supervisor is responsible for developing Team Leads and hourly employees. This position will be accountable for leading an Integrated Lean Six Sigma culture.
This candidate will manage, supervise, and train the production staff in the facility on their shift, provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring subordinates' performance. Candidate will possess a good mechanical aptitude. Use logical reasoning to identify and resolve issues, and potential issues with a continuous improvement mindset.
The Operations Quality Supervisor must thoroughly understand all plant safety rules and set expectations to assure the employees understand and are following the rules to work safely. The Operations Quality Supervisor must thoroughly understand all plant Quality/Good Manufacturing Practices and set expectations to assure the employees understand and are following these practices to assure food safety and the highest product quality possible. With Safety and Quality as the prime drivers, the Operations Quality Supervisor is responsible for leading and coordinating the team to execute the milling operations and meet or exceed the milling KPIs to achieve the highest level of operational efficiency.
This position is Full Time and flexibility is a must. Applicants should be available to work any shift, overtime and weekends as needed.
Essential Job Functions
Duties may include but not limited to:
• Leads and directs Quality program execution across the facility.
• Acts as site Infinity QS Coordinator.
• Audits systems to include Sanitation, Housekeeping / GMP's, Recall / Traceability, HACCP, etc. for compliance and effectiveness,
• Reports deviations and inadequacies to the appropriate Manager
• Consistently makes recommendations for correction and improvement
• Assists in training employees in statistical techniques, quality awareness and GMP's
• Review new / proposed specifications and procedures, organize needed testing, analyze output and supply feedback.
• Leader in managing issues of investigations, product composition, consumer complaints.
• Candidate will supervise between 7 and 12 hourly union employees across departments.
• Ensures compliance with all regulations and procedures for safety, GMPs, and food safety.
• Leads, directs, and supervises the mill team leads and hourly employees to efficiently execute milling operations and objectives.
• Manages by walking around at a frequency that provides effective coaching of the hourlies through meaningful 1:1s.
• Assist and lead troubleshooting of milling operations, operational improvements and productivity initiatives.
• Assures proper milling inventory to maintain uninterrupted operations.
• Understands production lines from end-to-end and performance success.
• Partners with Maintenance team to drive the manufacturing strategies within the Milling department.
• Partners with Staff 1 to drive milling initiatives to successful conclusions.
• Leads Milling Department to drive preventative and autonomous maintenance solutions and provide proper training of the hourly employees.
• Create the environment for root cause analysis to work toward sustainable solutions.
• Lab testing support as needed.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.