With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Under the direction of the Line Manager, and working closely with other Managers and Supervisory staff, the Line Leader has overall accountability for the shift performance of their lines from processing to packaging. They ensure high quality product is produced, on-time and at required cost. The Line Leader manages a team of approximately 8 to 25 operators and packers from processing to packaging, working on schedules for their line by shift. This position offers an excellent development opportunity if interested in becoming a Line Manager or pursuing other operations-related positions. The Line Leader is responsible for efficiently coordinating the labour force to perform their required job duties while achieving safety, quality and performance standards in meeting with production requirements.
Manage and Direct colleagues and activities on the line to meet overall performance objectives for:
• Safety (TIR, STOP)
• Quality (RFT, CCPM)
• Cost (GE, Labour, Raw, Pack)
• Delivery (CTS, Attainment)
Manage and schedule their line staffing process to ensure colleagues are trained and have the necessary skills to perform all required duties, safely and effectively.
• Ensure colleagues have right skills to run the line they are assigned
• LOTO demonstrations, audit, training
• Review line training requirement and gap closure
• Compliance to quarterly training
• Yearly IDP's for hourly Employee's
• Personnel issues /disciplines
• Develop own goals and development plan
• Daily walks to discuss issues with colleagues
• Performance review/probation review/promotion review
Provide proactive Safety leadership for the line, ensuring STOP observations and accident incident reports are completed. Review findings and identify root causes & ensure corrective actions are completed.
• Safety all day-dedicated 10 minutes daily
• Follow up on safety concerns and action taken
• Stop observations
• Write AIR Incident reports for Line
• Participate in RCCA investigations
• Action safety items from JHSC for Line
• Spot audits of equipment for unsafe conditions
Deliver quality product that is in-specification and right first time. Ensure all quality parameter checks are done correctly, on-time and recorded in the Quality Suite database.
• Attend shift PQR
• Participate and audit quality through PQR & DMS board daily/spot checks
• Quality escapes /investigate/RCCA
• Auditing Quality Suite Data and checks are completed every shift
• Shift Line Process Audit complete
Lead and drive root cause identification activities and implement corrective action and preventative action plans for line losses.
• Drive product improvements on lines, presentation to recipe (center-line in control)
• Create CAPA/6W2H and close out action plans
• Support the CWP Action Plans
• Drive actions and closure of top 3 losses
Promote and Manage activities related to colleague relations, while maintaining positive relations. Lead the line providing coaching and counselling in conjunction with regular reviews and training, to maintain high morale.
• Regular meeting with Line Managers and Line Leads to ensure consistency/improvement across lines
• Floor walk beginning of shift
• Coaching and counselling with Leadership Team
Work and Communicate across all departments in order to achieve the delivery goals and planned objectives to ensure efficient operations.
• Reviewing schedule ahead of week for line
• Review daily schedule attainment for line
• Verify and communicate weekly attainment and cost with team members
• Ensure changeovers are planned and prepared
• Ensure have maintenance support for line
• Ensure planned maintenance work takes place on time and does not conflict with production schedule
• Create work notifications for green tags applied to their line
• Participate in production scheduling meeting
• Escalating breakdown issues
• Trials are planned resourced and executed on time
• Follow up with planned maintenance schedule for line
Monitor line performance and ensure output, labour and material yield standards are achieved.
• Review shift performance for assigned lines
• Complete Daily Line Production Report
• Address and get involved in down time over 30 minutes
• Meet regularly with line team to discuss line performance DMS 2/3
• Check weight performance for over pack and B&R on line
• Line efficiency, focus on improvements and action plans
• Follow through with oven speeds and adjust when necessary
• Reduce waste and energy consumption on line
Ensure labour standards are met and applied on the line.
• Review total labour charges for line
• Check overtime and adjust to planned hours
• Audit and Administer LIS for hourly
1. Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
2. Sound judgement and problem solving skills.
3. Computer literacy, with proficiency in Outlook, S.A.P, Quality Suite, Zarpac others as required
4. Experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint highly desirable.
5. Knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes.
6. Results-oriented and a strong sense of urgency/focus.
7. Desire for Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.
For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.