With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you'll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working from farm to shelf, you'll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
Category Demand Planner
The Category Demand Planner is a key contributor to the Demand Planning segment of the Integrated Business Planning process, by leading the development for assigned brands of an unbiased and unconstrained 24-month forecast utilizing key inputs from Cross Functional partners.
The Category Demand Planner owns driving the Demand Process of IBP for assigned brands through the development of the Brand demand picture and gaining IBP leadership alignment on Risk's/Opportunities and action plans to achieve AC and other KPI's with an objective to provide the most un-biased forecast to optimize the balance between Profitability, Service and Cash Flow.
This person will facilitate and provide demand inputs at the monthly Pre-DR meetings. This forecast output is utilized for Revenue reporting, Production Planning and deployment to 3-4 locations. This person also partners with the field demand planners and is a joint owner of GAP reconciliation between the HQ and Field calls (focus on next 2-3 months).
In addition to forecasting responsibilities this person may be asked to lead root cause analysis, innovation management, or other ad hoc collaboration initiatives. The position will interface with Marketing, Sales (HQ and Field), Finance, Area Logistics, Location Demand Planning and others to communicate this forecast that drives our Operating Plan as well as supports key CS&L metrics and overall business results. An understanding of Supply Chain principles is required.
• Build an un-biased/un-constrained recommended Brand shipment forecast using cross-functional inputs, consumption/shipment analysis and overlays that will be used for Revenue reporting, Production Planning and deployment downstream
• Communicate Brand forecast to members of Marketing, Sales, Finance and Area Logistics which will drive our Operating Plan, as well as support key CS&L metrics and overall business results.
• Create an accurate monthly Planning Level/sku shipment forecast in ADF/APO utilizing the output of the Demand Review. Maintain key parameters in ADF/APO such as proper sku mix, new items, discontinuations and statistical models. Ensure that an accurate forecast is passed through the system with appropriate communication to Operations and Finance as part of the S&OP process. This forecast will drive production and financial planning. Facilitate communication of updates/exceptions, explain variances vs. prior year, annual contract and prior estimate, and report on forecast accuracy. Continuous improvement in the area of forecast accuracy and process will be a key performance measurement for this position.
• Responsible for fostering HQ and Field forecasting collaboration ensuring all location forecasts have been updated with Customer Team and Retail demand which will be used to drive our deployment planning process.
• Lead innovation meetings with cross-functional partners to ensure forecasts reflect latest trends and assumptions and production schedule supports this forecast.
Participate as required in Supply cross functional meetings to represent Demand Planning.
• Bachelor's Degree is required
• 3 or more years of experience in Supply Chain or Planning is required
• APICS Certification is a plus
• APO experience is a plus
• Proficient with MS Office tools; particularly in Excel
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and act with a strong sense of urgency
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.
For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.