|Operations Development Program
North Canton, OH
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||01/09/19||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Your Career Begins at Timken
What is the Operations Development Program?
An intensive a two-year program that is designed to provide broad-based exposure to Timken's manufacturing and supply chain operations. You'll be mentored by, and have significant interaction with, senior operations leaders.
The program consists of four challenging assignments, each six months in duration. The typical candidate will complete their first two assignments in one site then relocate to a second site for their third and fourth assignments. Occasionally, special assignments are utilized to provide further development. The assignments are designed to prepare the associate for a leadership position in bearing manufacturing and/or supply chain. The program also includes various engineering and professional development trainings throughout the course of the program along with extensive on the job training at each rotation.
· Manufacturing Operations Supervision
· Quality Advancement
· Supply Chain
Examples of some recent project assignments include:
· Project leader for major product rationalizations
· Lead kaizen events and implement lean manufacturing processes
· Leading an improvement effort in Quality inspection processes, using Lean tools
· Supervision of critical component manufacturing processes
· Supply chain planner responsible to reduce inventory and improve delivery
· Develop and implement standard work on model line
Where Could I Work?
Initial assignment could be in any one of our U.S. manufacturing locations, including, but not limited to:
· New Hampshire
· North Carolina
· South Carolina
Upon Graduation of Program
The area of initial permanent assignment is determined upon completion of the two-year program based on the skills and abilities of the associate as well as business need. The post development assignment will either be in one of our manufacturing facilities or in a supply chain group in one of our U.S. locations.
Who are We Seeking?
We are seeking December 2018 or May 2019 college graduates with the following backgrounds:
· Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science or Supply Chain Management
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above highly preferred
· Manufacturing internships/co-ops and/or other engineering related internships preferred
· Possess leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extra-curricular activities, or during employment
· Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, and prior work experience
· Ability to learn quickly
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Demonstrated effective communication skills
· Ability to relocate
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.