Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Provide engineering expertise, project management, machine reliability planning, and leadership to the plant. The
position will focus on developing and/or modifying plant production processes, production equipment, tooling, and
gauging; as well as in-process product designs for the purposes of maximizing production capacity, minimizing
manufacturing costs, continuous improvements, improving customer delivery, improving product quality, and/or
eliminating safety concerns. Responsible for all electrical engineering activities at ASB, which includes troubleshooting and improving all manufacturing processes.
- Provide daily controls engineering support for problems related to manufacturing, quality control, and continuous improvement.
- Identify, participate in, and lead key electrical/electronic related projects.
- Work with maintenance to improve year-over-year equipment uptime and efficiency.
- Serve as electrical/controls engineering lead on various equipment and process capital projects.
- Modify or redesign existing equipment to improve productivity, quality, and delivery.
Design, implement, and document mechanical modifications to plant manufacturing processes and the associated
production equipment, which maximize production capacity, minimize mfg costs, improve product quality, and/or
eliminate safety concerns.
Develop and implement machine reliability systems and processes that are second to none in the industry. Implement proactive maintenance systems to minimize unscheduled downtime.
Direct standard statistical analysis of manufacturing processes (capability studies) and equipment performance to determine areas of problems and implement improvements.
Manage design, documentation, and implementation activities of various internal and external suppliers and act as the technical expert in the plant on manufacturing processes. This would include direct contact with customers to
establish product and process specifications and working with front end engineering to translate design into
- Work with suppliers to obtain quotes on projects, assistance on troubleshooting, and acquisition of replacement parts.
- Investigate and recommend new technology for improving maintenance, quality, and equipment reliability.
- Create project proposals and assist with justification of continuous improvement projects.
- Write operation and maintenance procedures, as well as training manuals, as needed.
- This individual may generate and/or handle regulated (i.e. hazardous/non-hazardous) waste as part of this job. This must be disposed of in accordance with federal/state regulations
- PLC programming, human - machine interface, variable frequency drives
- Drafting software such as Unigraphics, Autocad, CCDM
- 2D/Print/schematic reading and design
- Diagnostics, repair, specification of CNC controllers, machine PLCs, and machine controls in general
- Familiarity with GSAA, NFPA, NEC, as well as other safety regulations and codes
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required; preferred degree in Electrical or Mechanical
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.