Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position provides the technical leadership/direction to plan, develop and implement manufacturing concepts and processes throughout our global footprint. Technical expertise at a corporate level is necessary to support new plant/product/process start-ups around the world and continuous improvement activities at existing manufacturing facilities. This position is specifically responsible for the assembly and automation processes used in bearing manufacturing.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT - Develop and demonstrate knowledge in automated assembly, robotic handling, vision-based detection/measurement and process control. Provide design guidance and technical specification for system integration. Make technical recommendations for manufacturing solutions throughout the global business. Maintain strong technical relationships with peers and vendors.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - Develop and implement investment proposals to support Timken's business initiatives. This includes business case development, submission of Appropriation Requests (AR's), forecasting expenditure, cost tracking and timely completion of projects within the approved budget.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Utilize project management tools for key departmental projects including project and resource planning, and implement corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion.
- SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT - Specify and select technology for new processes or equipment upgrades, guide system development/installation and deliver total process documentation to the plants.
- MANUFACTURING CI - Support continuous improvement projects throughout the global business related to manufacturing processes to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety, etc. Analyze / benchmark alternatives and conduct cost comparisons. Work with manufacturing plant identify opportunities and provide recommendations.
TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION - Develop deployment plans for newly developed processes in conjunction with Advance Process Technology teams and Manufacturing as needed.
- TRAVEL - International and domestic travel is required and averages 25% of the time throughout the year.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Advanced technical manufacturing process experience with expertise in assembly and automation
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturability
- Proven ability to influence internal and external customers
- Advanced project management skills
- Strong analytical and variance analysis/root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills/team player
Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (or other related) with at least 7 years of relevant experience in system integration and manufacturing engineering or automation engineering, including evidence of technical manufacturing process leadership; or
Master's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (or other related) with at least 5 years of experience in system integration and manufacturing engineering or automation engineering, including evidence of technical manufacturing process leadership.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.