|General Manager-Freight Forwarding Philippines/Asia Trade Lanes
Los Angeles, CA
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||01/14/19||Company:||High Road Partners, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
|Reference:||10885 / SNC|
General Manager-Freight Forwarding Philippines/Asia Trade Lanes
The company is a large C2C parcel shipping company. The company has been an integral part of first and second generation immigrants ability to affordably ship back to their home countries and for people living overseas to be able to order from US eCommerce companies.
This is a key role and will be instrumental to the company's successful growth strategy. The GM will be responsible for establishing an operation in Southern California and aligning with key service providers/agents in the Philippines and Southeast Asia
● Help set the strategy for new market penetration including but not limited to countries of entry, destination agent selection, operational standards and methods.
● Work with the VP of Operations and the related team members to establish US operations on the West Coast that will include leasing a facility, setting up a pick-up network and managing the US-based warehouse operations teammates supporting the Asia operations.
● Ensure safe and cost-effective transportation of our customer's freight.
● Ensure safe and cost-effective warehousing operations.
● Manage warehouse and related tasks including, but not limited to safety, OSHA compliance, FMC compliance, DOT compliance, rate negotiations, warehouse hiring, warehouse training and warehouse measurements.
● Develop, manage and maintain KPIs for measuring warehouse and driver performance.
● Interact with and escalate insourced and outsourced labor alternatives as the need arises, while considering a diverse set of alternatives.
● Actively participate and play a key role moving the company forward with due diligence analysis of the operations of potential acquisitions and with the introduction of new products and services for Asia.
● Actively liaise with Sales to ensure well-coordinated customer service and positive customer interactions at both the agent and driver level.
● Help IT craft system solutions that streamline processes, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
Qualifications and attributes:
● Lives out our values and connects with and moves our mission forward
● Experience in C2C parcel shipping from North America to the Philippines
● Able to manage across cultures and find a common mission and vision regardless of the communities which we serve
● Able to speak fluent Filipino/Spanish and with additional fluency in Mandarin a strong plus
● Strong knowledge of DOT, FMC, and TSA regulations
● Willing and able to travel
● Tech savvy and full familiarity with MS Office Suite
● Must be reliable and capable of working under tight time constraints while consistently hitting deadlines
● This role will be located in a TBD location in the LA area
● Competitive and based on applicable experience.