Santa Fe Springs, CA
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||01/14/19||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a second shift Mechanical Assembler responsible for the assembly, testing, disassembly, inspection and painting of enclosed drive gearboxes.
· Perform labor activities in the assembly & test departments.
· Performs disassembly and inspection of gear boxes.
· Performs gear box assembly and test.
· Performs deburring, cleaning and painting.
· Responsible for continuous elimination of waste and implementing cycle time reduction.
· Works with other facility teams (Purchasing, Quality, and Engineering) to ensure that assembly/test problems are addressed and resolved quickly.
· Provides feedback to Engineering on assembly/test discrepancies, drawing errors, quality errors etc., to preclude reoccurrence.
· Practices and emphasizes values and a culture that place the highest value on workplace safety, housekeeping, and environmental compliance.
· Develops relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and unity of purpose.
Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Must have both verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Must have a high school degree or equivalent and 0-2 years experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.