As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Lead and manage all Logistics and Materials Management processes within the Plant according to Integrated Lean Six Sigma culture in order to achieve required production volume in compliance with quality standards and in accordance with the KPIs, ensuring a strong safety culture and satisfying internal & external customer needs.
Responsible for optimizing Operations assets to meet production/distribution/customer requirements. Assets included, but not limited to an Automated Storage and Retrieval System(ASRS) for Finished Products, Repack department consisting of 4 flexible packaging line formats for customer product customization, Warehouse department for plant Raw Materials and Packaging Materials and Operating Supplies.
Provide input and implement the integrated supply chain strategy and manage the plant to ensure availability of adequate resources (e.g., materials, equipment, employees) to produce the planned and budgeted volume (tons/annum) of products to be delivered on time, and at lowest costs, within the required Mondelēz quality and safety standards.
Responsible for Plant level production line planning and BCTGM employee scheduling to meet the customer and plant operational requirements. Ensures that department employees follow all Chicago Bakery, local, state and federal health and safety rules and regulations including EPA and OSHA.
Lead, motivate, and build a team in a collaborative environment, by conveying and driving a compelling vision, focused on a lean six sigma continuously improving culture.
Provide leadership to the team, as well as lead the E2E SN IL6S Pillar to achieve current and future goals in line with the Mondelēz Integrated Supply Chain strategy.
1. For the successful day -to -day operation of all Logistics and Materials for the facility. Provide leadership Responsible for all Plant Warehouse department performance (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Sustainability, Morale)
- Maintain raw ingredients and packaging materials inventory within established boundaries
- Ensure Materials Management functions are working under best possible practices and environment regarding all existing internal and external policies and procedures in respect to Mondelēz' s role within the community.
- Efficiently manage bulk ingredients storage
- Review established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible
- Ensure collaboration with other Plant Material Managers and provide input into overall Integrated Supply Chain strategy.
- Liaise with Procurement function to ensure adequate materials and ingredients are available to meet production plan, while ensuring the total stock of such items remain within agreed tolerances.
2. Responsible for Repack department performance (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Sustainability, Morale):
- Plan re-pack activities in line with business requirements.
- Manage day-to-day re-pack operations.
3. Responsible for Distribution Center Department performance (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Sustainability, Morale):
- Ensure efficient in- and outbound operations.
- Partner with CS&L in increasing the number of direct shipments.
4. Responsible for Plant labor BCTGM labor strategy and scheduling
- Manage and develop the MASTER Production Scheduling process to meet customer requirements
- Coordinate the relationship with our union workforce and support the negotiations of union contracts as needed
- Plant Labor Relation lead with plant BCTGM stewards
- Main point of contact with Regional Supply Planning, construct the Factory Master Production Plan and generate 18 month production plan to accurately reflect requirements of the business identifying key issues, trends or shortfalls
- Scheduling of 350+ full time and 170 part time employees
- Coordination and scheduling of all hourly employee vacation time
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating employee job classification training
- Responsible for Schedule Soft labor scheduling software system.
5. Initiate, maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including all timely communication initiatives, and ensure all members of Materials Management, DC,Warehouse & Repack teams are aware and aligned of safety culture and guideline.
6. Ensure that adequate control processes in place to ensure data accuracy in planning systems including, but not limited to: master recipes, Bill of Materials, material transfers, cycle counts, resource allocation, run rates etc.
7. Participate in budgeting process, own material and workforce planning streams.
8. Elaborate and update an annual conversion and yield roadmap for the Materials organization and identify specific projects to satisfy cost reduction a per productivity strategies.
9. Responsible for leading development of and executing Chicago Bakery Business Continuity Plan( BCP).
10. Develop, execute and maintain the budget for Materials, Distribution and Repack functions.
11. Analyze workforce requirements to ensure Plant operating in most efficient and cost effective manner.
12. Lead network assessment and asset optimization with business partners. Ensure appropriate capacity for new business initiatives and growth plans across product life cycles. Develop and recommend alternatives as needed.
13. Develop and maintain effective cost control programs which support Plant and corporate goals.
14. Execute Mondelēz Category growth initiatives through successful new product launches.
15. Facilitates scheduling of all Plant production commercialization , maintenance and engineering activities related to production schedules.
16. Supply Chain plant lead with HQ's: Product Supply, Customer Service, Logistics , Sales, Procurement and DSD functional leads.
17. Actively lead the implementation of IL6S for the Chicago plant. Encourage and promote operating in an Integrated Lean Six Sigma environment.
18. Ensure a 0 loss 0 Waste mindset throughout the facility