Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
The objective of this position is to serve as the primary representative within the Physical Testing Group who supports and maintains server-based data acquisition and presentation systems along with leading efforts to implement, support, upgrade, and maintain machine control computer systems. This position is also responsible for the health and maintenance of the "Shop Floor" network, which is separate from the "Corporate General User Computing" network. This may include troubleshooting servers and routers, local area networks, and switches.
- Lead existing workflows and processes to accurately and reliably record data from the Physical Test labs at WHQ, archive the data reliably, and ensure the data is available when requested (data management).
- Work with internal business units and functional IT groups to develop short- and long-term systems plans.
- Work with R&D associates to resolve operational issues related to workflows that are unique to the R&D group.
- Work with R&D management to identify the newest technologies to improve robustness of data collection / storage and identify obsolete or outdated systems that require replacement or upgraded.
- Lead significant projects for system advancements for both current and future needs.
- Oversee work from outside contractors to help facilitate service requests.
- Work with corporate IT team to troubleshoot and resolve "Shop Floor" networking-related issues.
- Oversee system security controls.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Logical thinking, problem-solving, integration of different technologies, and having a broad understanding of information systems.
- Experience and aptitude in Visual Basic, TCP/IP.
- Solid understanding of R&D functions and system operations.
- Exceptional time management, organizational, prioritization, follow-up and support skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, results focus; good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and innovate, as well as a passion to learn.
- Bachelor's degree in IT (or related) and 7 years of relevant experience; or
- Master's degree in IT (or related) or MBA and 5 years of relevant experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.