Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
SW Portland/Beaverton area
Senior Transportation Broker/Sales
Top Flight Transportation, Inc. is a non-asset transportation brokerage in SW Portland/Beaverton area specializing in flatbed, van, LTL, and over-dimensional freight. We have been in business for 30 years and built a strong reputation in the industry for our creative and ethical approach to managing freight logistics for our customers.
Wages and benefits:
- Unlimited earning potential with no territory restrictions within the US and Canada
- Generous commission paid, based on the actual gross margin
- Bonus package based on monthly freight booked, years of service with company, and beating your best month
- Paid twice monthly following the receipt of all required paperwork
- Customers must have a credit line approved by the company. Therefore, no adjustments made to commission if customer does not pay due to financial issues.
- Paid vacation on graduated scale based on past 12 months earnings
- 401K profit sharing of 3% with or without personal contribution
- Medical and Dental insurance available – company pays 50% portion of employee insurance premium
- Collaborative open space – no cubicles, lots of light and windows
- State of the art tools for brokers and admin staff
- Tools and support available for qualified, non-local brokers to work from their home office
Are you looking to get paid what you're worth? Do you want to work for a company that uses state of the art tools for the logistics industry? Would working in a positive environment with an excellent admin support system make a difference?
Top Flight is looking for a couple of highly motivated people to add to our team of hard-working and exceptional transportation brokers. We offer a competitive compensation package designed to reward your success with high earnings.
Your job will require you to:
- Contact new and existing customers to determine their transportation needs
- Obtain credit approval for new customers
- Use state of the art transportation posting sites to find carriers available to move freight
- Set up and/or update carrier information (e.g. insurance, authority, etc.)
- Negotiate rates with the customer and carrier
- Manage loads by supplying information updates to the customer regarding progress and/or issues
- Submit load details to admin for billing, payroll, and record keeping purposes
- Manage claims to determine the best course of action, minimizing the impact to all involved
The successful candidate will have at minimum:
- Personal accountability, integrity, and self-motivation
- Two years' experience in transportation dispatch OR Two years' experience in fast-paced sales
- Preferably an understanding of the vocabulary and process of moving freight with flatbed trucks
- Preferably have a relevant list of customer prospects or book of business
- Able to generate leads and new business using a variety of sources
- Excellent phone and email communication skills
- Comfortable getting around in Windows 7 or better
- Basic user ability with database programs
- Takes direction well
- Works well with others
- Self-motivated and high energy
- Desire to constantly improve
If this sounds like you, and you would like to know more, APPLY BELOW!