Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
Prepare, calibrate, and maintain gaging necessary for manufacturing processes.
- Perform various Gauge Service operations, including simple setups, adjustments, and maintain proper operational condition of a limited variety of gauges, fixtures, checking devices, and special purpose instrumentation. Perform basic prescribed repair/calibration activities following established procedures.
- Work from part drawings, set up charts, sequence sheets and other specifications for gauging setup requirements. Obtain necessary gauge components, fixtures, parts, masters and other material required. Make changeovers of gauging components such as depth fixtures, concentricity pins or arbors, various electrical and electronic devices, and other special purpose gauges. Make careful and precise adjustments to dials and indicators, adjust heights and stops for correct clearance.
- Check all setups against masters to insure accuracy of gauge to specified tolerance, squareness, concentricity, roundness and parallelism; make any indicated adjustments or corrections before releasing to operator.
- Assist in the issuance of gauges and related devices to machine operators and others, maintaining proper required records.
- Inspect own work; correct/report detected discrepancies to supervisor. Record appropriate data on designated form(s) as required. Assist in training employee(s) as required.
- Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety and regulations.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 0-3 years manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of blue prints, drawing, schematics, and GD&T preferred
General Physical Requirements:
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates Powered Equipment
Specific Physical Requirements:
- Standing/Walking for the duration of the shift
- Occasional lifting up to 30lbs
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Vision protection, Safety shoes, Latex/Nitrile gloves, Hearing Protection upon request
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.