|Supervisor OTI TPEB
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||02/11/19||Company:||Ocean Network Express|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
The purpose of this position is to:
- Supervise the Trans-Pacific Eastbound OTI (Ocean Transportation Intermediaries) commercial activities through individual action and supervision of the OTI TPEB Marketing Analysts reporting to this position to achieve business plan goals.
- Participate in the OTI Eastbound business planning process; develop targets and goals related to vessel and account performance; communicate and act with sales regional management to meet the targets.
- Develop the marketing analysts with performance metrics, directing behavior and action plans which will meet customer segment performance and trade lane focus goals.
Leadership and Management Competencies
- Perform as a day to day departmental leader with ability to anticipate challenges, risks and identify opportunities.
- Assist in setting guideline rates in coordination with Strategic Yield Management, Senior NA Marketing Management, and GHQ, including exceptions and deviations targeted at meeting business plan goals.
- Monitor, measure, and take corrective action for account performance; this requires communication of corrective action directly with customers or NA regional sales staff when necessary, including monitoring and proactively addressing negative/marginal customer results.
- Participate in supervising weekly vessel service performance and Eastbound Marketing improvement opportunities with GHQ and NA teams as necessary on a cross functional basis.
- Direct regional sales teams in creation and execution of promotional cargo opportunities to meet business plan.
- Recommend and execute on solutions to areas of cost including ad hoc mitigation and waiver situations.
- Supervise, develop and hold accountable for results the Marketing Analysts by offering coaching, training and mentoring.
- Operational support and facilitation; along with Marketing Analysts provide support and assistance for service recovery evaluation and approval, perform exception management to established SOPs.
- Communicate necessary information with both internal and external customers and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ability to implement tactical marketing and sales plans consistent with OTI national and global business goals.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, consensual environment with cross-functional department managers for purpose of improving profitability and service levels, driving efficiency.
- Demonstrate effective relationships with other internal stakeholders to ensure a collaborative team, cross-functional level, performs to attain Marketing business plan goals.
- Available for possible travel domestically and internationally, as requested.
Core Required Skills and Competencies:
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Proven ability in fundamental and mathematical analysis.
- Ability to envision, strategize and capitalize on opportunities.
- Acts with financial and commercial acumen.
- Ability to react quickly to market changes and make timely decisions to increase business results.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize using departmental resources.
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence a counterpart levels of the organization.
- Professional and personable demeanor.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
Function Specific Skills and Competencies:
- Proven ability to successfully strategize, implement, execute and achieve day to day commercial plans to achieve departmental goals.
- Track record of establishing goals and metrics for his or her role to measure meeting/exceeding goals/ targets.
- Applies logical methods utilizing analytical skills and experience for best suited approach; able to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of internal management, staff, and outside vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and remain detail oriented.
- Proficiency in MS applications Excel, Word and Access.
- Advanced knowledge of macros, pivot tables, and formulas in MS Excel.