Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
To plan, organize and lead quality activities in the cup, cone, 8a & 8b buildings. This responsibility involves utilizing a total quality perspective, continuous improvement techniques and excellent people skills to supervise, train, develop and coach associates in a team environment.
- Plan, schedule and manage assigned resources to achieve quality coverage throughout organization at levels necessary to ensure product conformance to established standards.
- Assist in maintaining the Quality Management System at the plant through audits, document & data control, training and keeping current with industry-standard quality practices.
Primary responsibilities include
- Ensure incoming & outgoing product meet established quality acceptance criteria through inspection, testing, auditing & sampling per approved procedures.
- Recognize and strive to correct quality problems.
- Utilize equipment and personnel resources to maintain the highest level of productivity and customer service.
- Ensure associates have proper training, skills and knowledge to perform assignments in accordance with inspection plans.
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment by surveying work areas for safety infractions and hazards, and communicating expected safe work practices.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of policies, procedures, and rules of conduct.
- Ensure fair and consistent scheduling of personnel with regard to workload, abilities and demands
- Ensure open lines of communication up, down and across the organization - maintain the plant's open-door policy.
- Be able to back-fill supervisory roles on other shifts, as needed.
- Demonstrated verbal, written, & presentation communication skills at all levels including customers/vendors
- SAP knowledge
- Ability to write detailed technical reports and corrective action plans
- Quality assurance processes and systems
- General knowledge of customer requirements
- Ability to train operative and QA personnel, as needed
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Minimum high school (or equiv) required
- Associate degree of engineering, business administration or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years Manufacturing Quality professional experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Quality Systems experience with QMS, TQMS, SAP, MOC, customer portals & auditing
- Five (5) years of bearing manufacturing experience preferred.
- ASQ certification-CQA, CQE, CQT, etc. preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.