Ocean Export Manager
Jersey City, NJ
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Adhere to Kuehne Nagel policy and procedures and ensure that all work is carried out to pre-set service levels
• Disciplined and professional attitude must be displayed at all times
• Day-to-day management of the Seafreight Export Team, ensuring departmental coverage at all times.
• Coordination of the workload to ensure all requests are carried out to the pre-set service levels and standard procedures, in a timely manner, in line with the Business Field instructions.
• Producing monthly departmental FSL's, quarterly, monthly and other ad-hoc reports as required by management.
• Completion, updates and maintenance of SOP's and quotes of freight requests or other business proposals.
• Entertaining/visiting clients, where applicable, this may involve unsociable hours and travel outside office hours.
• Implement and monitor on-going file profitability reviews.
• Recognize and resolve day-to-day operational problems in conjunction with operational staff and management.
• Ensure all areas of Finance (Vendor Invoices, Clearing Invoices, FSL) are handled/maintained to a first class standard.
• Maximize profitability on all files handled as well as to be cost conscious at all times
• All accreditations i.e.: ISO9001(Quality), have to be adhered to at all times
• To build close, strong relationships with the Clients, Kuehne Nagel offices, overseas agents and service providers.
• To identify areas of our business which require improvements i.e.: operational processes, cost control, customer service, attention to detail and work with your colleagues to resolve accordingly
• Provide first class customer service as well as pay attention to detail at all times
• All communications via telephone, e-mail, facsimile etc. are to handled in a professional manner, as this reflects our company
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required
• Additional responsibilities include the implementation and organization of procedures, process flow, and customer relations. Manager has P&L responsibilities for the department.
Your skills and experience
• College degree and/or certification
• Candidates should have 5 years freight forwarding experience, ideally in Seafreight Export and preferably a minimum 3 years Supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of Kuehne Nagel in-house systems (CIEL, ACON, KNLogin) an advantage
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• To be prepared to learn all aspects of the team's work with desire and ability to provide cover and assistance on a regular basis.
• High level of PC literacy on MS Word/Excel, or similar.
• High degree of organizational, administrative and communication skills and the ability to work on own initiative.
• Good team player, with the ability to monitor and motivate the staff and ability to work efficiently and accurately.
• Excellent communication skills, customer focus with proactive attitude.
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne Nagel
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Kuehne Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.