Human Resources Manager
San Leandro based Logistics Company, seeks an ambitious Full Time Human Resources Manager for its corporate office who is energetic, a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently, manage competing requests and priorities, and problem solve in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. If you seek a position that is challenging and rewarding, this is the career path for you!
This is a responsible managerial position that involves administering human resources policies, programs and practices; including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and directing. Duties include formulating policies and procedures for the company as well as recommending policies and practices to Senior Management.
- Maintains and administer all Federal and State leaves regulated by law and company policies
- Administering, preparing, and reconciling benefits to include medical, dental, and 401K plan
- Developing new programs and services
- Auditing of all company departments to ensure compliance of Federal & State Laws and Regulations
- Assists management in identifying staffing vacancies, recruiting, interviewing and selecting applicants
- Provides current employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages and employee benefits
- Develops and administers policies and procedures
- Advises and makes recommendations to management on employment and employee relation matters
- Analyzes and modifies compensation and benefit policies to ensure they are competitive and legally compliant
- Assist to supervise the company's payroll process
- Assists in the development and administration of employee training and development programs
- Investigates all internally referred complaints of harassment and discrimination and makes recommendations/decisions as required.
- Monitors and responds to unemployment claims and appeals
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Ensures current and historical human resources records are properly
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration and knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management.
- Ability to develop long term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Knowledge & Understanding of Federal & State Laws & Regulations to include but not limited to FMLA, PFL, CFRA, and Pregnancy Leave
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Intermediate to Advanced level proficiency)
- ADP Payroll experiences preferred.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related fields 4 years plus in a Human Resources position
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position of Human Resources Manager requires a motivated person that is detail oriented and is able to work as a team member. Depending on the needs of this company other assignments may be added to this job description as required.
Complete benefit package including medical, dental, & 401(k) plan
Apply Online Below