Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Application Engineer identifies relevant solutions to numerous customer opportunities in their assigned market segments. They will analyze customer application requirements and business goals to develop optimized bearing/system solutions. This will help the engineer develop substantial process, system, and product knowledge within a product line, application type, or market segment.
The Application Engineer will also:
- Understand Internal/External Customer Needs: A primary goal of the Application Engineer is to fully understand the external customer's needs/drivers and develop solutions for them that meet their needs and also align with internal goals. Internal customers include sales engineers, service engineering, marketing, product management and manufacturing. External customers are those served directly by Timken's products and services.
- Application Modeling/Identification of Solutions: Perform studies and analyses covering a broad spectrum of complex bearing applications and assemble comprehensive customer proposals. Model the key attributes of the applications through analytical and empirical analysis. Selection of existing bearings and components and when appropriate lead the processing of new product/process requests and/or new product development projects. Review and ensure the systems surrounding the bearings and mechanical power transmission components will provide the intended system performance, covering such areas as lubrication, assembly, and many others.
- Assessment: Compare all potential solutions for manufacturability, cost profile, and other attributes relevant to the customer and to Timken. This includes the application of existing Timken offerings as well as developing new, highly innovative products. When appropriate, initiate new bearing designs and provide key dimensional analysis and performance criteria for the development of new bearing/system components. Present the optimal solution to internal and external customers.
- Customer Support: Provide on-going technical assistance to the customer during the various product cycle phases; concept design, development, launch and service life. Technical assistance includes intercompany/customer location travel and ability to present these complex solutions "face to face" with the customer.
- Written and Verbal Communication: Perform at a professional level using excellent verbal and written communication both within Timken and with external customers, including participation in technical reviews. Must have the ability to convey technical solutions clearly through phone calls, emails and reports.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Experience in customer facing role preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.