The Process Engineer will produce measurable results in Safety/Environmental/Quality and Financial performance through the effective and efficient implementation of process standards and asset focused reliability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that the highest standards are achieved in the areas of safety, environmental compliance and process efficiency.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to continuously improve plant technical knowledge, processes and efficiency.
- Identify, develop, continuously improve and communicate the best available process practices developed within Graymont.
- Ensure that "all critical modifications" to processes are communicated/documented with
- Graymont's process and engineering support group.
- Participate in the development of project concepts, flow sheets, equipment specifications and layouts that incorporate Graymont and industry best practices.
- Keep abreast of the latest technological development in related industry.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the workforce.
- Utilize technology and troubleshooting skills to identify / propose improvements for system bottlenecks.
- Develop, manage and implement process related capital projects.
- Analyze and identify process improvement opportunities including; safety, efficiency, quality and emissions related activities relating to limestone processing, calcination, hydration and handling.
- Assist different departments to investigate and find the root cause of problems.
- Perform "on call" duties on rotation with the management team.
- BS Degree in Chemical, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' industrial experience (lime or cement industry preferred).
- Must be an ambitious self-starter able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Passionate in the pursuit of implementing process improvements.
- Electrical, programming, instrumentation and controls background a strong asset.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as necessary to meet deadlines or to ensure resolution of plant problems.
- Strong computer skills. PLC programming and or JDE experience is a plus.
- Basic financial management skills (analysis, budgeting and planning).
- Proven success as a team leader and team member. Able to influence others in decision-making.