Overview The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving materials and maintaining inventory and associated records. The Warehouse Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining warehouse supplies, forklift maintenance schedules, and reporting warehouse related anomalies to local branch management.
The Warehouse Supervisor (exempt position) must be available to work extended hours, weekends and client's holidays. Please note due to supervisory responsibilities, shifts may generally require the Warehouse Supervisor to provide an additional hours of coverage either before or after the following schedule:
Monday and Tuesday - 11:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday - 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Term: This is a direct hire position with benefits eligibility. Project term is approximately 3 years.
- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse activities including: ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation for conformance to policies and procedures; receiving incoming material, routing material to designated areas; and utilizing warehouse space in the best possible manner by rotating stock in allocated storage space.
- Support Team Leaders in resolving issues such as shortages, damages, discrepancies in documentation and freight. Provide regular written and verbal reports to local branch management concerning customer specific issues.
- Complete the daily inventory for imports and exports and conduct audits to validate results. Manage and review the use of on-hand systems to identify receipt and location of every shipment received.
- Conduct daily audit of cargo coming into and exiting the warehouse to conform with established operating procedures.
- Recommend measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department, staff and equipment performance.
- Supervise Team Leader(s), Traffic Clerk(s) and Logistics Agent(s) in the warehouse. Carry out supervisory responsibilities according to the organization's management policies, procedures and any applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Interact with employees and customers in a professional manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via electronic mail and preparing reports and work schedules using Microsoft Outlook and Office and other related software.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with safety regulations and security measures.
- Supervise other projects as needed.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Forklift certified required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant warehouse/operations experience as a supervisor or manager.
- Freight forwarding experience in a domestic and international environment, or related operation.
- Team leadership/management experience.
- Professional with on-time work ethic.
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, experience is required.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license to operate a CMV, when necessary.
- Must have a safe Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) driving record
- Trained and Certified in HAZMAT, preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.