|Associate Application Engineer
North Canton, OH
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||02/18/19||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Your Career Begins at Timken
Upon hire, the Associate Application Engineer will participate in the Timken Technical Training Program. During this accelerated 6-month training program based in North Canton, Ohio, you'll be exposed to all aspects of the Timken Bearings and Power Transmission business. Upon completion of the training program, the Associate Application Engineer takes skills learned in the Timken Technical Training Program and applies them to identify relevant solutions to numerous customer opportunities in their assigned market segments. They will analyze customer application requirements and business goals to develop optimized bearing/system solutions. This will help the engineer develop substantial process, system, and product knowledge within a product line, application type, or market segment.
The Associate Application Engineer will also:
Who are We Seeking?
We are seeking December 2018 or May 2019 college graduates with the following backgrounds:
· Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or related degree
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above highly preferred
· Engineering internships/co-ops preferred
· Possess leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extra-curricular activities, or during employment
· Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, and prior work experience
· Ability to learn quickly
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Demonstrated effective communication skills
· Ability to relocate to our World Headquarters in North Canton, Ohio
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.